Worried about your energy bills or keeping your lights and heating on? We've got you.
28 July 2020
The energy sector has come together to help keep Australia’s power going and provide support to people and businesses impacted by COVID-19.
This means that your energy retailer, with the backing of the rest of the industry, can offer you assistance suited to your needs, which could include:
- The flexibility to spread your bill payments over an extended period or defer your payments to a later agreed date
- Provide a guarantee that your lights will stay on and your gas will continue to flow until you get back on your feet
- Waive late fees and reconnection costs
- Review your energy plan to make sure you’re on the best one for your needs right now
- Provide you with energy efficiency tips to reduce your bill
- Let you know about discounts and government support. If you are accessing JobSeeker you may be able to access concessions and other entitlements on your energy bills
Like everyone else, we’re keeping our distance and working differently to how we’ve worked before – including working across the industry to ensure we keep your power on.
- Many of us are spending more time at home, so we’re making sure that our electricity and gas networks are ready when you need them
- We’ve prioritised essential field work to ensure your reliable energy supply
- We’ve postponed field work that we think is non-essential and can wait
- We’re showing customers with estimated meter reads how to do their own meter-reads so we keep our promise to keep our distance
Your energy retailer is here to help. The first step is getting in touch, so your retailer will be able to help you get the support you need.
We’ve Got You version two is also available for download in Arabic, Chinese, Italian, Turkish and Vietnamese
We’ve Got You version one is also available for download in Arabic, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Mandarin, Punjabi, Somali, Turkish and Vietnamese.